1. All goods offered by diagtools.eu are serviced in accordance with the provisions of the Consumer Rights Protection Law of the Republic of Latvia (PTAL). Even if the manufacturer has a warranty period less than two years, the Consumer is entitled to a claim non conforming product within 24 months after purchase.
2. Before using of the purchased product, please read carefully the instruction manual of the product and use the product only in accordance with manufacturer's instructions, according to the characteristics of product and its intended use.
3. If the non-compliance of the item with the terms of the contract is insignificant and cannot significantly influence the Buyer's ability to use it, the Buyer can not request apply the cancellation of the contract and money refund.
4. In order to receive after-sales warranty service, the Buyer must present a proof of purchase (cash receipt, invoice or leasing contract), and return the item to an authorized manufacturer or distributor service center or to the Seller in full set configuration. Transport costs are borne to the Buyer.
5. To claim a non-compliant product or service, you must present a proof of purchase (cash receipt, invoice or leasing contract) and return the item to the Seller in full configuration and in its original packaging. (!)
6. Service will be faster if, upon our recommendation, you deliver the product in full set configuration to the authorized manufacturer or distributor service center, or to the diagtools.eu service center at 43A Pernavas str., Riga, Latvia, LV-1009, or you can write us to our e-mail email@example.com. (!)
7. We recommend that you made a backup copy of data stored on the PC before performing the service works, as data may permanently lost during service. Warranty service centers do not guarantee any data saving or backup. (!)
8. For computer hardware and other electronic goods, please keep the packaging and return the product in it's original packaging in order to avoid any possible mechanical damage of product which could result in loss of warranty.
9. Cleaning of mechanical part of the equipment is not covered by warranty service. Such service can be provided at the Costumer's request for additional fee.
10. The accessories, batteries, connecting cables, light bulbs, fuses and other consumables that come with the product are not covered by warranty or are limited in their scope of warranty. (!)
11. In the cases where warranty can not be applied and the Costumer refuses to pay for the paid repair, product diagnostic performing fee will be applied, and the Costumer will receive a Service Center report of the defect found. If the Costumer agrees to a paid repair, then the diagnostic performing works will be for free. If the Costumer agrees to a paid repair, he must submit an application for a paid repair. The Service Center has the right to claim the full cost of the repair before repair.
12. For companies that use the products for business purposes or they are used for professional purposes, the warranty period is set individually (usually it is from 6 to 12 months). (!)
IN THE CASE WHEN THE QUALITY OF THE PRODUCT IS NOT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CONTRACT, THE BUYER IS ENTITLED TO SUCH RIGHTS (under the PTAL norms, does not apply in cases of purchase by a companies)!
1. The Consumer at the first have the right to repair or replace the defective parts, except where this is impossible or disproportionate or entails costs which are disproportionate with a value of product and the use of such alternative does not cause him significant inconvenience.
2. Replacement and repair shall be free of charge and within a reasonable time without causing inconvenience to the Consumer, having regard to the nature of the product and its intended use.
3. Price reduction or cancellation of the contract where is the lack of conformity of Product or Product cannot be repaired within a reasonable time or causes significant inconvenience to the Consumer:
- it is necessary to take into maind possible product depreciation or benefits acquired by Consumer through of use of product. The parties must agree the price reduction amount. (!)
- product software time subscribtions that causes significant reducing of the value of equipment, the parties must agree the price reduction amount. (!)
1. The parties reach a mutually agreed solution.
2. If this fails, the following scheme should be followed: (!)
- the Consumer submits an application in writing to the Seller, who is obliged to process the application and respond to the Consumer within 15 working days (there is an application form available).
- in the event the Seller refuses to answer, it is considered a refusal to satisfy the Consumer's demand.
1. Involvement of PTAC in dispute resolution and assistance the process;
2. Alternative dispute resolution mechanisms (Ombudsman of the Association of Latvian Commercial Banks, Ombudsman of the Latvian Association of Insurers, Public Utilities Commission or other).
3. The Consumer Dispute Resolution Commission established by the PTAC, whose decisions are recommendatory. - various means can be used to prove the merits of the parties' views, not only the expert opinion that was previously required. - the PTAC will no longer make binding decisions in individual Consumer cases.
4. Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) information:
- In the case of a problem with an item purchased online, the Costumer may use the ODR platform to submit a complaint to an independent dispute resolution. Link to ODR platform: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home2.show&lng=EN
- For more information, check the Consumer Rights Protection website: www.ptac.gov.lv/en
THE WARRANTY IS WOID IF: (!)
1. The Product has mechanical damage caused by Buyer's fault.
2. The manufacturer's warranty seal or serial number is defective, the product has been opened, modified or personalized, or the Buyer himself has attempted to repair the defect.
3. Damage caused by natural disasters, as a result of fire, flood, etc.
4. Damage caused by the penetration of foreign objects, liquids, insects, etc.
5. Damages caused by the use of non-genuine or low quality supplies or accessories.
6. Damage caused by exposure to chemicals.
7. Damage caused by electrical voltage fluctuations or fail, communication and cable mismatches, and other factors (soot, smoke, dust, humidity, etc.).
8. In cases where the product was not installed in accordance with the instructions or the conditions of storage and transportation of the product are incorrect.
9. Damage occurs because the Product was not used for its intended purpose or purchased for Buyer's private use and apparently it was used for professional purposes. (!)
10. As result of using of no original power supplies, accessories and spare parts, as well as consumables (cartridges, toners, etc.), that have not been certified by the manufacturer for use with the product and which have caused damage to the product.
11. Use of pirated or inappropriate software (computer hardware or other devices). (!)
12. Regular maintenance is not performed (applies to items that require it). (!)